Sunday, May 4, 2014

Santorini and Beijing: Booked !

Fortunately or me, I am allowed a travel allowance back to my "place of origin" at the end of my contract!  So, I have found a wonderful {creative} way to head back to Boston by way of both China and Greece! I will stop to see the Great Wall of China in Beijing, and then head to Greece to see the Acropolis in Athens and then Santorini (Thira)! Beyond excited!  
*
Planning my trip now(s) now, using my trusted Lonely Planet advisors :) : 

Greece is taking  bit more planning, but here is what I want to do/see: 
Things to see:

ATHENS

- Athens ½ day tour ($77 USD/person): Acropolis, Parthenon, Temple to Nike http://www.viator.com/tours/Athens/Athens-Half-Day-Sightseeing-Tour/d496-31401
- Acropolis
- The “Venue” Dance Club ?
- Parthenon (same as Acropolis?) -nighttime!
- The Temple of Zeus
-Panathenaic Stadium: first Olympics
- Theatre of Herodes Atticus
-Ancient Agora
- Temple of Hephaestus


SANTORINI
-Ancient Thira
-Ancient Akrotiri
- Sailing? About $40 for a day trip (donkey ride and food not included!)


FOOD TO EAT:
-Imam (Baked Eggplant in tomato sauce)
-Saganaki (fried cheese)
-Skordalia (garlic dip)
-Lotlita's Gelato
- Loukoumades (sweet honey balls)
- Soulvaki
- Lamb
- Gyros
- Moussaka (eggplant dish)
- Baklava

-FETA :)
*
Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment