Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I COOKED (well, cut bananas)

While in Mũi Né, one of the first things Rachel and I did was take a traditional cooking class! {YES- I cooked! ;) }. Our friend Xuan {pronounced "Sung"- and meaning Spring}, taught us how to make: 

{A delicious chicken curry dish}

{Vietnamese spring rolls} {A spicy Thai beef salad}  

Xuan's close friends from the kite surfing school were also there at Sunset Cafe to help and learn to prepare the dinner. 
*

{Cooking}! : 








 {Everyone sassed me as soon as I picked up the knife! They must have sensed my fear ;) The bananas were cut just right, even if a few others were saying they weren't exact!}
*
One of the men in the cooking class was from Switzerland; but because there is no written language in Swiss {I didn't know this!}, he recorded the recipes of the night in German. Hoping our new friend Christopher can translate these: 



*
The finished product: 
{Chicken curry with potato and fresh vegetables from the garden.}

{Vietnamese spring rolls.}

{Spicy Thai beef salad.}

{A can of coke for the new year: Vietnam style.}
*
Cool recipe I found to make Vietnamese spring rolls {in English}:
*
thưởng thức
Enjoy! 








No comments:

Post a Comment