Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Phản xạ {Reflections}

I like reflecting. Which is why I love to blog and to write. I have this compulsive need to put those stubborn, fleeting memories to a thought I can hold onto and re-visit whenever I want. And what better time to do just that? When I think about my time in Mũi Né: my first impressions, my last impressions, and all the things in between, here is what I think about:  
*
I think about the coast. I'm a New Englander, through and through. 
{I think about sunflowers, everywhere. They are my very favorite}. 
*

*
{I think about tailored clothes, and hand woven dresses, and things that take time}. 
*
{I think about motorbikes. I think about the way the street zips and hums. I feel the energy: scary and annoying. Dirty and excellent}.

*
{I think about lassis and fresh food and cold drinks from a coconut tree Xuan climbed up.}
*
{I think about the little path to Sunset. Maybe, on a different day, I never would have ventured down. Maybe the whole trip would have been different. Maybe it was timing and good German friends. Maybe it was shit luck and I was curious. Either way, I like not knowing. I like the little sign for calling out, saying: Little Way.
*
*
{I think about elephants, because I am with Rachel. And elephants seem to be everywhere we look. I like to think it's luck and why not?}
*
{I think about colorful coracles and crowded fishing harbors.}
*
{I think about rich, black coffee with sweet yellow cream.} 

*
{I think about the great ironies of most beautiful things. The have and have-nots as neighbors on the same streets.}

*
{I think about smoking. And then, I think again.}
*
{I think about a kite lesson. And having something else to tick off a list. 
But.. I think about a nap, too.}
*
{I think about my best friend, and making it all count.}
 :)
*











No comments:

Post a Comment